daily driver suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
The front sway bar if it is hollow. Hollow bars are either 34mm or 36mm. Either one is an upgrade. The steering box is a quick ratio. If the Z28 has 15” wheels , the steering box stops will be the same. If it has 16”, you wont be able to turn as sharp. Some guys just bolt the box on, others will switch to the gbody pitman arm. The rear license plate holder is a stay down style. You can’t really use it on your el Camino but worth saving for gbody friend
Some guys are also retro fitting the rear sway bars to there gbodys. Do a search on this site for more info.
timo22

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Dan M

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 12, 2017
Yes hollow sway bar I'll have to check the size. Believe the donor has 16's. I'l check out the site for options. Thanks. I'l try to post some updated pics

Dan M

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 12, 2017
20180310_133637.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Either the 34 or 36 hollow bar will be fine if you have a rear sway bar and stiffer front springs. If you don't have new front spring, the '87 IROC springs might work pretty good. The IROC rear lower control arms are good cores to box and rebush if required,

I would use that IROC steering box. With high offset wheels you can rub the frame when turning really tight or or say backing up out of a garage and the IROC box will reduce this.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Either the 34 or 36 hollow bar will be fine if you have a rear sway bar and stiffer front springs. If you don't have new front spring, the '87 IROC springs might work pretty good. The IROC rear lower control arms are good cores to box and rebush if required,

I would use that IROC steering box. With high offset wheels you can rub the frame when turning really tight or backing up and the IROC box will reduce this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor