Dash Cap??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
OK Guys/Gals..............I am thinking of getting a dash cap for my '84 Monte Carlo as my original one has issues......... ..I'm lookint at this one here :http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120571298147&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT. Anyone ever installed one if these? Pics? Advice??
Thanks in Advance

Anyone ever installed one????

I've spoken to guys who have had good results with dashcaps. One downside is that it covers the speaker grilles and you no longer have access to your speakers. Unless of course you replace them prior to installing the cap.
Make sure it's a full cap. Meaning that it covers the entire dash top to bottom. Don't ever get a half cap..they're sh*t and look like it when installed.

Longroof79 said:
I've spoken to guys who have had good results with dashcaps. One downside is that it covers the speaker grilles and you no longer have access to your speakers. Unless of course you replace them prior to installing the cap.
Make sure it's a full cap. Meaning that it covers the entire dash top to bottom. Don't ever get a half cap..they're sh*t and look like it when installed.

They sell the one that has the speaker grille cutout so u can still access your speakers

Did a few. Just take your time, prefit/trim twice.

Use alot of silicone, have tape ,clips, clamps,wood shims around to hold things just right.

T-TOP TONY said:
Longroof79 said:

They sell the one that has the speaker grille cutout so u can still access your speakers
Tony,
I thought I read about you doing one when you did your black interior..........If so, where you get it and was it easy to install??

I used a full dash cap on my car and didn't have to paint it since it was already black. This pic is roughly 3 years old and I don't have any marroon left in the interior. The dash cap was in great shape and came with adhesive but I do suggest either use adhesive from a tube and caulk gun or spray adhesive along with the supplied adhesive. My issue was probably that I didn't clean the dash enough.

The cap itself has nice detailing on it to make it look like vinyl, so its not just smooth plastic. Its a fairly straight forward and easy install. I've got a few screws around it to hold it down in certain areas.

Nov08051.jpg

patmckinneyracing said:
I used a full dash cap on my car and didn't have to paint it since it was already black. This pic is roughly 3 years old and I don't have any marroon left in the interior. The dash cap was in great shape and came with adhesive but I do suggest either use adhesive from a tube and caulk gun or spray adhesive along with the supplied adhesive. My issue was probably that I didn't clean the dash enough.

The cap itself has nice detailing on it to make it look like vinyl, so its not just smooth plastic. Its a fairly straight forward and easy install. I've got a few screws around it to hold it down in certain areas.

Nov08051.jpg
Pat,
That is a nice looking pad.....member where you got it??? I'm thinking about this one.....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?

Sorry, TYPO------This is the one :http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120579116509&viewitem=&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor