Data Tags for El Camino Made in Mexico?

Status
Not open for further replies.

x75

Apprentice
Sep 23, 2018
I have purchased a couple of 1985 El Caminos over the past few years, VIN indicates Monterrey, but I cannot determine any info from the data tag. There are remnants of a "scotch-tape" info tag on the driver's door, but whatever that contained is long faded and stripped away. There are no stickers or plates under the hood or in the glove box.

I read there is a service parts tag somewhere else, maybe in the rear storage compartment, but I cannot spot it.

One of the cars has a few trim bits that hint at an SS like buckets, console and partial cladding remnants but again no way to be sure.

I need paint codes for exterior and interior colors, plus it would be nice to know about the SS possibility.

Any other clues? Thanks!

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
I had an 86 El Camino that was a Ramos Arizpe, Mexico build. I found the SPID on the lower right sail panel in the smugglers nook behind where the partition cover velcro attaches.

x75

Apprentice
Sep 23, 2018
thanks for the tip! Later today, when things thaw out a bit, I will crawl back in there and look around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor