Daughter wrecked her '85 Cutlass Supreme - Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadGuy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 8, 2012
Well.......... funny you say that. We took it to the shop today because of it pulling right.

They say now it needs a Pass side spindle and control arm (he didn't say upper or lower)

If anyone reading this can help us out, let me know. I gotta get this safe for her.

BUDS!!!
chuck

BTW, I'm a good nature, kind spirit kind of guy, but if I'd ever find out who hit and skipped her I'd pull both of their ears off.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
You can get those from a run of the mill s10 pickup. Same parts

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Yup direct interchange. In fact 98-05 2wd blazers are a source for front brake upgrades

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Yup direct interchange. In fact 98-05 2wd blazers are a source for front brake upgrades

Just to clarify, the Blazer spindles don't match the ones on the car now. They are made with a sealed wheel bearing and hub assembly. The ones on the car now have bearings that you pack with grease. A 2wd S-10 Pickup on the other hand does have the same spindle. The ones on the Blazer will fit without any modifications but you wouldn't want to put one on just one side.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

DeadGuy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 8, 2012
Man, that is great!!! What year s-10's??? 1990 - 1999? OR can you give me the date range if you know it?

Sorry about so many questions.

Nevermind... I found it
The 82-94 S10 front suspension is the same as the G-Bodies
Any year 2wd s10 TRUCK and any '97 and older 2wd Blazer has the same control arms and spindles, and will work on any G-body. '98 and new Blazers used a sealed front bearing.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
If you can't find any spindles cheap I'm about to swap to blazer fronts on my 86 cutlass. I'd let them go for just over shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor