Delete the rear offset? Getting a 9 inch

smed7880

Greasemonkey
Jul 27, 2010
Tire/frame rub was my concern along with ujoint wear. Will be running 15s, maybe 245 60s. Not carrying the front tire, stock LS2.

Thanks for the info/pics.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Adjustable upper control arms are not for centering a rear housing. Use only for adjusting pinion angle. I would only do this on a panhard set up a tiny bit.
The 2 pairs of arms in a triangular 4 link should have 2 equal length uppers and 2 equal length lower.

Respectfully, I have to give you a bzzzzt on this^^^^^^. The sole purpose of adjustable uppers is to center the housing/wheels on a triangulated 4 link. The lowers are for alignment.

OP, if you search my build thread, you’ll find pics of my floor ‘adjustment’ I made to accommodate driveshaft rub. I had issues before I put in an ARB. The pic in my avatar identifies the g-body shuffle that was eliminated by the ARB.

Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Respectfully, I have to give you a bzzzzt on this^^^^^^. The sole purpose of adjustable uppers is to center the housing/wheels on a triangulated 4 link. The lowers are for alignment.
Exactly, same thing I've always known.

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada

OP, if you search my build thread, you’ll find pics of my floor ‘adjustment’ I made to accommodate driveshaft rub. I had issues before I put in an ARB. The pic in my avatar identifies the g-body shuffle that was eliminated by the ARB.

No wonder your car is all crooked on the launch.

Respectfully, I'm not here to tell anyone how to set up their car but equal length control arms for me.
I'll fix a quarter panel before I adjusted my rear housing to one side.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach

Respectfully, I'm not here to tell anyone how to set up their car but equal length control arms for me.
If you have a 9 sec car to compare I'd like to see your input...

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY

My car isn’t ‘all crooked on the launch’ . And truthfully it’s straight as hell. I’ll try to remember to attach a couple of launch vids when I get home.

Measuring rear side to side adjustment/clearance/alignment has nothing to do with a fender. And using the frame can get the car all cattywompus as well. A proper alignment sets the wheels where they need to be - the body and frame are just along for the ride.

Equal length means you have straight rear ended housing and upper a-arm frame mounts that are perfectly straight as well. I know at least one of them is not perfectly straight on my car and I’ll guess they aren’t on most 40 year old cars.

Don’t take my comments argumentive please because I’m not intending them to be that.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
If that looks crooked on the launch, then.......I'm not sure what straight is.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor