Depstech (Dipstick?) DS-300 Endoscope Camera/Viewer

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Last week on Oct 8th and 9th they had Prime days on Amazon with some pretty decent deals. I got this little baby with the discounts and such for like $41 including the state taxes, plus the free shipping of course. The company website list price is 70. It's cheap chinesium, but it does fairly well for what I'm using it for. Like looking down pipe drains, engine manifolds and spark plug holes. Doesn't come with any camera tips or anything, but for a basic setup, $38 is hard to beat. Pretty decent picture but like most endoscopes, it's so close to what its seeing unless you know what you're looking at, it's major close-up. Not wham-o-dyne, but for the money and limited use, it seems to serve its purpose well. I've used it a little bit, and it does ok. You can take pics with it and load them on your computer for posterity. Comes with a pre-installed, removable, 32GB SD card as well.

I already have a Whistler 5200 hand held endoscope that's just ok. Had it for about 10 years now. Although it cost me quite a bit more than the Dipstick at the time, but it's a bit bulkier than this one. And a much shorter extension at 1 meter compared to the "Dipstick DS-300's" 16 foot extension. But the Whistler does have a detachable screen you can lay up on the engine to look at while moving it around.

Won't know the durability of the Dipstick obviously since I just got it, but so far it's easy to use and lightweight.

Here's the Whistler 5200 if anyone was thinking about a shorter extension. Handles more like a cordless drill.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor