Engine dipstick

Diablo1979

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 23, 2023
Hello everybody, I have a 1979 Chevy El camino passenger side engine dipstick. I just added new headers to it and I’m looking for a flexible dipstick that bolts to the header bolt to secure it. Would anybody have any advice on which one to get. model numbers. I did check with lokar and they don’t have an exact one that would fit my car “to tall” Any help would be greatly appreciated kind of stuck! Thanks in advance!

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Hello everybody, I have a 1979 Chevy El camino passenger side engine dipstick. I just added new headers to it and I’m looking for a flexible dipstick that bolts to the header bolt to secure it. Would anybody have any advice on which one to get. model numbers. I did check with lokar and they don’t have an exact one that would fit my car “to tall” Any help would be greatly appreciated kind of stuck! Thanks in advance!
this was my solution to what you're trying to do.abet mine is drivers side though.the hardest part will be making sure all of the old tube from the block is completely removed.marking the 'stick for capacity is straight foward.

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
in 2022 i bought from amazon "Lokar ED-5001 Flexible Engine Dipstick" which is for psgr side sbc i cross referenced it on lokars site and bought there and never used it cuz too much jewelry for under my hood. i dont have headers but as i recall it has a tab that swings maybe 2" long and i'm sure can be bent to fit where ever you want to mount.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor