Desert Auto Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Anyone else tune in to this new show on the Discovery channel? It follows the owners of Desert Valley Auto Parts. I've watched the two episodes so far, I was stoked when I saw the concept behind it, but I'm fairly let down on how it pans out. I guess I was expecting something a little more informative, with proper info :roll: , it's a bit on the "too generic side". Though I did drool a bit when they went to the Olds collectors house, lol. However, I would love to spend a few weeks in that parts yard, :shock: , if I had a bout 30k burning a hole in my pocket :rofl: .

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
I caught an episode last night. Those guys were all about some 442's :D That was one hell of a yard too, nothing like that around here. I may have to try to contact them to find some doors when I go to paint.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
tc1959 said:
I got my fenders and core support from them in 07 after my El Camino got hit.

How were their prices?

viera

Greasemonkey
Jan 29, 2011
yea, I saw it last night its pretty cool. I love the his and her shifter they put on that 442

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
tc1959 said:
Oldsmoletick said:
tc1959 said:
I got my fenders and core support from them in 07 after my El Camino got hit.

How were their prices?
$200 for the fenders,$150 for the core support and header panel, bumper filler strip and bumper brackets.

$200 for the pair? If so that's not too bad :D . $150 for the rest is a damn good price :shock: .

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Those guys are made out to be chumps on that show... wasn't too happy with the info or the outcome of that '70 442 restoration but it was cool that they went to Fred Mandrake's place, that's about it...

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
88hurstolds said:
Those guys are made out to be chumps on that show... wasn't too happy with the info or the outcome of that '70 442 restoration but it was cool that they went to Fred Mandrake's place, that's about it...

My thoughts exactly.......It's almost like discovery makes the guys dumb themselves down for the general public, I can't believe any of those guys could actually be that cluless.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor