Do I HAVE...

Status
Not open for further replies.

yourownself

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2008
stoughton, ma
if you're planning to remove the entire a/c assembly, it is a really good idea to put in a block plate. when i pulled my a/c, i just pulled the compressor and lines, as i plan to put it back later, but it didn't work , and i wanted the extra room to work.

it really cleans up the engine bay when you use a block plate, and you can even build one yourself, all you need is some template making skills and perhaps a drill press.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Well removing the entire system would result in a gapping hole in your firewall, and I don't think many people would want to ride in your car. So yes, in that case you would need a block off plate.

However removing only the external components is easy, and you can always save them to put back on later. Leaving the box intact will allow you to retain your heater and defrost vents, which will be nice if you ever drive the car in cooler weather or in the rain. Taking the entire box out is something I believe should be reserved for full out race cars, and really isn't necessary.

Just pull off your compressor, brackets and lines, and it will be plenty of room for you to work. You'll kick yourself if you take everything out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor