DO NOT ORDER FROM CAR MOTORSPORT!!! FRAUD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter_alexander

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2008
Erie Pa
craig.beesky.com
OK, so I found this website

https://www.carmotorsports.com/proddeta ... od=AC_Olds

And obviously I wanted it. So I ordered and payed via paypal. After being told that he had 10 on the shelf, (yes, I called to verify) I ordered and then 3 weeks of fighting with him about getting it shipped (with him then telling me that it was backordered and he was getting more in) he shipped me a PONTIAC one.

Since I sort of knew what to expect, I was waiting for the FED Ex guy to show and I opened the box in front of him to check it first, saw what it was and refused shipment.

I currently have a dispute pending with paypal over it.

Funny thing is the company I work for handles this type of stuff all the time from a legal standpoint, so I have some seriously good backing.

Pass this along to all the other car forums you belong to. Dont let this scam artist try to rip off anyone else.

Thank you.

oh cool,i'd want one too!Thanks for the warning about that,i'll be sure to stay clear from him.
IIRC those cant be NOS either,i've seen tons of those for sale at auto meets and swaps,a lot of vendors sell those at chrome dress up stands so they cant be NOS

Good to know, I was considering buying one from there too, if you find another place to get an oldsmobile one, a place thats legit please do tell me, I'd be interested in getting one too.

Sounds like the guy bs'd you about having it in stock, then accidently shipped you the wrong part. In what way is he trying to scam you?

Well he tried to scam me by:

1. Saying that he had 10 in stock.
2. They dont make these anymore, so its either used or finding someone or someplace that has NOS ones in the box. Like this joker said he had.
3. Sent me a tracking number and said it shipped. When I called and spoke to a person at fed ex, they said that they did receive the shiping info, but that a package was never picked up.
4. After me asking them (seller) about the shipping/not shipping and what fed ex told me, they said that they would get right on it finding out what was wrong.
5. Emailed me back saying that they were on backorder and that they would have one shipped out to me as soon as they got them in. (keep in mind, as stated above, these are discontinued, so how could they get more on order).
6. Shipped and sent me the tracking number, and I verified that the item was shipped via fed ex. What he didnt know was that I was having item shipped to my workplace, so I would be there when the item arrived.

If I had the item shipped to my house, they would leave it at the door. Then the seller could say, well you recieved it. And when I would try to say that they sent me the wrong one, they could say I switched it out.

Which brings me to:
7. When the fed ex guy showed up, I told him that he had to wait while I inspected the package. Right there in front of him I opened it, saw that it was a pontiac one , told him I refused the package.

So now when it comes down to the argument over did they send me the right one and I am lying or they sent me the wrong one, I have proof.

So that is how they tried to scam me. The pontiac ones are still available from GM for substantially less.

the best thing to do to get a company in trouble is notify the BBB and complain. also i think you can look at other buisnesses and see there BBB score too.

Some websites you know not to trust just by their page layout and the words they use. They got a testimonials link, of course you shouldn't trust them... That's the same as MJ saying I got cookies little boy, come into my room...

That's too bad because i would have bought the Pontiac one of you :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor