Do you drive it in the winter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
nope, i have it parked every year around late october when the part time insurance kicks off, comes back on in mid april which is useless seeing how the car never gets finished at that time.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I love winter. But then again I have 1,000 beers down my basement. :mrgreen:

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
Bumpin 1 ohmSS said:
Yessir!!! The El turns corners 24/7 365. Its my daily driver....

Elco Warren 8)
Your lucky California is nice all the year ,My winters are like SoCal is all the time.
It is so stupid hot and humid here in the summer.You don't even want to go out of the house,If your car is AC Delete forget about it it.:p

CaliCuttie

Apprentice
Jun 10, 2009
San Francisco, CA
WHAT THE HELL ARE SEASONS?? I drive my Cutlass year-round

The coldest it gets over here is high 30s sometimes. Other than that nights are about mid 40s. Highest it gets is high 50s.
God I love living in Northern California :D

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
I drive my car every day year round. Ive never even seen snow though. Just glad I live in Florida 8)

Justink

Greasemonkey
Nov 28, 2010
If It all works out like I hope then it will be a summer cruiser. I have a reliable jeep (Never thought I'd say that :rofl: ) for the winter.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
I cant even imagine the thought of having to get another car to drive in the winter. I mean it doesn't even really get cold here.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I drove my olds through december last year maybe 10 miles a week. After that it just got too cold and couldnt get it to start on -20 mornings. Of course it would now as I got my carb fixed. The previous owner rebuilt the Q jet on my car, but what they forgot to do was instal the fast idle cam the right way (it was backwards and upside down) and it was missing the secondary metering rod hanger cam. Plus the choke pull offs were so mal adjusted it wouldnt idle when warm. Plus the huge distance between the carb and the cylinder was causing a lot of fuel to drop out of the air mixture.

I dont know why, but my Cutlass was poor in snowy roads. Even if you pumped the breaks they would lock up, and unless you idled off a stop sign I spun my tires. Might be my tires. They are BFG traction T/A's, and even though they have a high winter raiting, I doubt it. Its also because the roads in town have a layer of snow on them from Dec 1 to april 30 and the road crews plow 2 days after the snow after all the roads have been compacted with snow so the snow essentially turns to white ice.

Not to mention when the choke is closed on a -15 morning wich is all of January, you can sit in the car waiting for the engine to warm up and watch the guage go down. I burned 2 tanks of gas last December and got something like 8 MPG or something like that. I usually get 18ish on the road and 14 in town in the summer.

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
tc1959 said:
Your lucky California is nice all the year ,My winters are like SoCal is all the time.
It is so stupid hot and humid here in the summer.You don't even want to go out of the house,If your car is AC Delete forget about it it.:p

I was out in Avondale, Pheonix and Peoria all summer long. Didnt phase me and the El one bit. Its a dry heat. I can hang. LOL! I'll be moving out your way one day. I love it out there!

Elco Warren 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor