Does anyone have Measurements for the M 80 Stripe Decal?

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
I got the New 6" 3M Gold Stripes in the other day. I had to order one more as these don't fill the entire side of the car but enough to get the Door covered. So I after work and dinner I went out to do some Measuring. I haven't been so creative in a while so here is my result View attachment 237426
Studying the Nascar Numbers from the 80's I came up with the one, since the M80 was based off Nascar and though I really like 69hurstolds design I though this is probably most likely the way Chevy would have had this done if this Trim package were made available. Monday is a day off so I am going to go to a Graphics Shop and see if they will cut a section then cut the lettering out of that for both sides
do you have a sign business in your area, they could help with this and put it on but gonna cost some $. i bought 83-84 monte ss style stickers in red for $30 and went to a sign guy to put em on along with some clear paint protection strips cost about $120. they can even sit with you and do an entire custom sticker so you dont have to just conform to a factory design. i done that once too for my previous ss.

Reactions: 1 users

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
I got the New 6" 3M Gold Stripes in the other day. I had to order one more as these don't fill the entire side of the car but enough to get the Door covered. So I after work and dinner I went out to do some Measuring. I haven't been so creative in a while so here is my result View attachment 237426
Studying the Nascar Numbers from the 80's I came up with the one, since the M80 was based off Nascar and though I really like 69hurstolds design I though this is probably most likely the way Chevy would have had this done if this Trim package were made available. Monday is a day off so I am going to go to a Graphics Shop and see if they will cut a section then cut the lettering out of that for both sides
Actually I just realized I need to make the "M" a little fatter, luckily I have the room to make that correction.

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
do you have a sign business in your area, they could help with this and put it on but gonna cost some $. i bought 83-84 monte ss style stickers in red for $30 and went to a sign guy to put em on along with some clear paint protection strips cost about $120. they can even sit with you and do an entire custom sticker so you dont have to just conform to a factory design. i done that once too for my previous ss.
I'll keep this in mind. I haven't done the Body Work or Paint yet but I am going to as early as next month, still a lot of parts Interior/Exterior I will be ordering soon. But for the time being I'll see what the cost will be from the Graphic Shop IE: (Shop around).

Reactions: 1 user

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
I'll keep this in mind. I haven't done the Body Work or Paint yet but I am going to as early as next month, still a lot of parts Interior/Exterior I will be ordering soon. But for the time being I'll see what the cost will be from the Graphic Shop IE: (Shop around).
after paint if your painter dont say it mine advised dont sticker till after 3 months. my previous car wasnt told that.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor