DONT BE A D*CK !??!!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Ford had some nice looking cars back then too, how is the Torino or Cougar from those years, my Neighbour had one, so different from my 70S Cutlass in the looks department? Just some of their motors weren't as reliable and none of their carbs, the later 4bbl's especially compared to the Qjet for reliability or mileage.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
More off topic rambling,

People like small Ford cars like mustangs, falcons and pickups.

People like GM and Chrysler anything.

But mid size Ford cars just don't seem to be popular. Not many Torino's around. It seems like past 68 ish the interest in mid size Ford stuff evaporated. It's not until the Fairmont in the late 70's that people started to get back into Ford sedan stuff and I attribute that to fox body arcetecture.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Back on topic: Don't be a muthafuggin' opportunistic 8===D

In the last week I have been contacted by two complete wastes of time on two different items I am selling. In both instances they are either significantly low-balling (and totally open and fine about it (sounding entitled/justified)) or just outright choosing to ignore the conditions set out in the ad ("no trades, cash only" is a pretty clear term of sale). Yet they persist. A lot of folks are going to fall on hard times over the next little while - this is not an excuse to take advantage of that fact/desperation by being a self-serving scumbag.

Me? I couldn't care less if my stuff sells.

However, anyone who unloads their collection of cars at this time is obviously not in the best place in life. Be fair and think about what it would feel like to be put in their position.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
There's probably one ford I would have back in 69, and that would be the Ford Fairlane notchback Cobra with a 428 and 4 on the floor. A guy I knew in high school bought a dark green one with a black interior and I helped him rebuild the 428 in that bad boy. It wasn't the fastback Torino. I thought it looked good overall but never got over the stupid intake manifold had a partial head on it. Valve covers fit over part of the head and the intake manifold. Stupid BBF engines.

I don't recall the gears he had in that thing, but it would flat out fly for a bigger Ford.

Barrett-JacksonScottsdale2015_425.1_Ford_1969_Torino%20Cobra_Hardtop%20Coupe_9K45R146556_.JPG

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Back on topic: Don't be a muthafuggin' opportunistic 8===D

In the last week I have been contacted by two complete wastes of time on two different items I am selling. In both instances they are either significantly low-balling (and totally open and fine about it (sounding entitled/justified)) or just outright choosing to ignore the conditions set out in the ad ("no trades, cash only" is a pretty clear term of sale). Yet they persist. A lot of folks are going to fall on hard times over the next little while - this is not an excuse to take advantage of that fact/desperation by being a self-serving scumbag.

Me? I couldn't care less if my stuff sells.

However, anyone who unloads their collection of cars at this time is obviously not in the best place in life. Be fair and think about what it would feel like to be put in their position.
I think that "collection" is acquired, and not necessarily the poster's.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I think that "collection" is acquired, and not necessarily the poster's.

Regardless, make an offer based on fair market value. It's not that hard to find comparables.

Reactions: 1 user

popeye1978

Greasemonkey
Jul 4, 2014
Regarding the craigslist post
If I were in the market for any of those cars I would probably not even see the ad because -- due to lack of detail -- I am fairly certain it wouldn't turn-up in the search I would set-up. That said, supposing I did see the ad I would walk-on-by because ...
  1. The road/street in the background of each picture does not match either of the other two, which although there is probably a reasonable explanation, it gives me pause
  2. The general tone of the ad -- scarcity of details / pictures and attitude of the seller -- makes me think this would be a difficult transaction, ergo the irony reflected in the title of this thread

Regarding Ford Torinos
... my parents factory-ordered a gray '73 with black vinyl seats and no A/C, my sister's only memory of that car is burned legs in the summer while I just have a few visual images in my memory of that car (my dad's logic for vinyl was they were a couple with 2 kids at the time). I think it's difficult to find those cars now because they were run-into-the-ground as family cars and even if they did survive past the mid-'80s they were prime candidates for the "lifted vehicle" fad (or at least that's what was occurring in Michigan)

Reactions: 1 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Regarding the craigslist post
If I were in the market for any of those cars I would probably not even see the ad because -- due to lack of detail -- I am fairly certain it wouldn't turn-up in the search I would set-up. That said, supposing I did see the ad I would walk-on-by because ...
  1. The road/street in the background of each picture does not match either of the other two, which although there is probably a reasonable explanation, it gives me pause
  2. The general tone of the ad -- scarcity of details / pictures and attitude of the seller -- makes me think this would be a difficult transaction, ergo the irony reflected in the title of this thread

Regarding Ford Torinos
... my parents factory-ordered a gray '73 with black vinyl seats and no A/C, my sister's only memory of that car is burned legs in the summer while I just have a few visual images in my memory of that car (my dad's logic for vinyl was they were a couple with 2 kids at the time). I think it's difficult to find those cars now because they were run-into-the-ground as family cars and even if they did survive past the mid-'80s they were prime candidates for the "lifted vehicle" fad (or at least that's what was occurring in Michigan)
When you say "lifted vehicle", do you mean what we used to say in California "jacked up", where the front is low, and the rear is lifted/jacked-up? That was a fad in California also. In fact, I still like it myself, if not done to the extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor