Door&fender scrapping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 23, 2008
OK so i swapped doors on my 82 monte the passenger is A-1 But the driver side i must of screwed up while taking the other off because when i installed new door i can t even open it completely the fender and door is touching and bending fender inwars how do i pull the fenders forwards about an inch... DO i have to take the wheel off and jack the car up or is it something i can just unloosen and pull forward??

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
Think about it...if you would pull the fender forward, what will that to to the hood lineup? The door will adjust....see the GM Fisher Body Manual.

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
Does the door latch good or is off id line the door up with the quarter panel then the fender off the door.

1988CSC

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2008
Kelowna, B.C. Canada
When aligning gaps and panels, always start with the one that can't move. Happens to the be quarter panel, where it meats the door. Make sure THAT gap is good. from there, you can move the fender to ensure its good with the front of the door, and then the hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor