Drive Shaft rubbing HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlownSmoke

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2009
I recently did a 305 to 383 motor swap. Everything is good but for some reason my drive shaft is rubbing on the brace under it, Not the cross member that the trans bolts up too but the brace that comes after it. What can i do to eliminate the problem? Also, can i just remove the brace and if it works leave it off? or will that be unsafe? If i remove it will it make the body misalign itself? :wtf:

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Did you put in new motor mounts? If so, maybe a new transmission mount will fix it.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I don't recall any brace after the tailshaft before the rear axle unless someone put in a driveshaft loop.....

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
There is a bar that foes across. When you buy the g-body specific driveshaft loop, it bolts in its place. I know for sure the TH350 cars have them.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
yeah, not sure why it's rubbing unless you have some shot mounts somewhere...

78 Green Lemans

Apprentice
Aug 15, 2009
Penticton BC Canada
Not to offend you but did you put the trans mount back in?
If so is it the correct one?

Another possibility, which i have seen done, is the trans cross member on top of the frame or is it just bolted up under the frame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor