Dying your interior panels with a spray can

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Right on! How hard was it to change the color of the carpet on the doors and on the sides in the rear and, what did you use?
SEM Color Coat is the stuff to use. When I changed the color of the interior in my wagon I put new carpet on the doors. I think ACC makes precut strips for G body doors now.

Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Right on! How hard was it to change the color of the carpet on the doors and on the sides in the rear and, what did you use?
Welllll, I had my door panels redone in vinyl, sail panel inserts are custom, had rear deck recovered with carpet. I used the system from SEM and followed directions according to the Color Coat line of paint.
20200530_201943.jpg
20200530_205725.jpg
20201002_212234.jpg

• Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I just finished my entire Elco interior to match the Camaro seats I got. Used all SEM products and procedures although added a few cleaning steps. Started with GOJO and a nylon scrub brush, tooth brush and scuff pad. Then did Dawn the same way followed by SEM soap. Then I’d gotten alot of 95%Isoprophyl alcohol for the final wipe down. My favorite paint mixing shop matched the 96 Camaro color perfectly. I don’t like rattle cans for large pieces and since I have 6 spray guns and a good compressor I went that route. Turned out real nice, specially considering all the trim pieces and dash were different colors to start from different cars.

Reactions: 4 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Yep, I did a color change on my Cutlass from saddle tan to black. Took some prep time and quite a few cans, but the results are worth it.
Did you use gloss or satin black? Sem has landau black in spray cans and quarts. The satin is only available in spray cans, near me.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor