E brake/ parking brake needed!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Kind of a dark and crappy photo, but if your rear Wilwood discs have the parking brake built in like mine, this is what you’ll need to do.

BE2EE508-04E7-4531-9FBE-CF058972D81C.jpeg

My parking brake cables are Lokar and have the ends installed on them already.

Reactions: 1 user

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
Kind of a dark and crappy photo, but if your rear Wilwood discs have the parking brake built in like mine, this is what you’ll need to do.

View attachment 207458

That’s great! What did you use to attach the cable to the lever? Looks like some type of L bracket

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022

View attachment 207458

My brakes are just backing plates with c7 zo6 calipers and rotors. The backing plates have that same lever built in.

Attachments

• 19652B2F-FF72-4198-86EE-201CE041667A.jpeg
    19652B2F-FF72-4198-86EE-201CE041667A.jpeg
    444.2 KB · Views: 57

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Yea. I purchased my kit through big brake upgrade and it is a backing plate with a lever. I’m sure I can figure something out. Just figured some of you guys must’ve already done this several times lol
The factory cables have an end on them that looks like a rectangle, that goes onto the lever and the cable locks onto a bracket on the caliper.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
That’s great! What did you use to attach the cable to the lever? Looks like some type of L bracket

Like I said, those brackets came already installed on the Lokar cables. I’m sure there’s some better pictures on my Juggernaut build thread, but unfortunately I’m working and don’t have time to look for them. But feel free to search for them yourself.

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
Like I said, those brackets came already installed on the Lokar cables. I’m sure there’s some better pictures on my Juggernaut build thread, but unfortunately I’m working and don’t have time to look for them. But feel free to search for them yourself.
I’m gonna look when I get back aswell. I believe I have those stick brackets. Thanks again.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Thanks again chief 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼. Can’t wait to get this thing rolling.
In the process of upgrading brakes ( blazer spindle and caliper up front) I'm wanting to do the rear in disc brakes too. I'm wondering with either the aftermarket kits or the 00 LS Camaro rears, the E brake is necessary? I've never used one in an automatic car. The aftermarket kits have optional E brake or no, and I assume if you don't run one with the 00 Camaro parts there will be no issue. Anyone with pros vs cons? I live in a flat state and the car is a warm weather cruiser.
Here is my updated thread, tons of info and pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor