E-Fan from a 3rd Gen Camaro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

78FLMalibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 15, 2010
Montverde, FL
I was looking under the hood of my sons 86 3rd gen camaro. It has a 305 and a 5 speed. It also has a e-fan. The thought I had is if it can cool the camaro, wouldn't it also work for the G Bodies?

It's a interesting thought, since the rad dimensions look similar. Looks like a bolt on. I may have to try this to see. :)

Shawn

camfan1.jpg

camfan2.jpg

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Keep us posted if you do this swap...........Any idea of how you would wire it up???

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
JBreu said:
Keep us posted if you do this swap...........Any idea of how you would wire it up???
I used two fan relays from a doner 90s Cadillac. I ground trigger them with a camaro fan temp switch, they come on at 158.
I Also have a 14 " spall pusher in ft of the ac condenser,that comes on any time the ac is turned on. It all works very well.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I noticed your son has a glass gas filter....those have been known to come apart and start a nice little fire.....the glass portion can also blow if the pressure builds up due to a blockage

78FLMalibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 15, 2010
Montverde, FL
I didn't know about the glass filter...That will be coming off there then.

As for the fan, i was planning on a temp switch from the same car, and basically wire it to relays. I was also thinking of a small pusher in front of the rad when the ac is on as well.

Shawn

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
78FLMalibu said:
I didn't know about the glass filter...That will be coming off there then.

As for the fan, i was planning on a temp switch from the same car, and basically wire it to relays. I was also thinking of a small pusher in front of the rad when the ac is on as well.

Shawn

I had one that came apart and sprayed the engine with fuel but it didn't catch fire...then I was told by a few people about the problem with them and then did some checking...I don't know why they are still being sold...

you son shouldn't worry about for a while cause he won't be driving his car once your "borrow" his fan set yup.. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor