Eastwood SCT Contour Tool

Nov 4, 2012
Anyone use one of these Eastwood SCT Contour tools for stripping a car? Harbor Freight has a Bauer knockoff too. I'm going to have to strip my new Skylark project for primer and it looks like this would be more effective that the conventional rotary sander especially around curves and body lines. The drums do look expensive. I'm okay with that if it saves time.

https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-contour-sct.html

Reactions: 1 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Anyone use one of these Eastwood SCT Contour tools for stripping a car? Harbor Freight has a Bauer knockoff too. I'm going to have to strip my new Skylark project for primer and it looks like this would be more effective that the conventional rotary sander especially around curves and body lines. The drums do look expensive. I'm okay with that if it saves time.

https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-contour-sct.html
I bought a knockoff one from Amazon, it was basically a sideways buffer. I use the Eastwood drums with it. I thought it worked ok. I used that and an 8” DA to strip my car.

Reactions: 3 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I have the Bauer for when I start the body work. Looks like it'll use the same drums as the Eastwood.

Reactions: 2 users

Hurricane77

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
Eastwood flogs that thing like a rented mule. Must be a good seller.

I use mostly the paint stripping wheels on an angle grinder or the Roloc type on a right angle die grinder. Same material, same concept. Maybe doesn't take care of flat surfaces as quickly, but does a reasonable job. But a lot of stuff isn't flat. The angle grinder does a pretty decent job on most stuff, the die grinder gets into those smaller areas. And for the really small parts it's either a 13" air belt sander, fingers or just leave it :)

If you want the drum version like Eastwoods, just go on Amazon and search surface conditioning tool. You'll come up with a bunch of other no name things. A lot of Eastwoods stuff is offshore anyway, but at twice the price (or more)

Reactions: 3 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Now you have me thinking about one of them for the strip job on my Monte. Be great around the corners and edges.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
Now you have me thinking about one of them for the strip job on my Monte. Be great around the corners and edges.

Nick

That was my thought. A big 8 inch sander doesn't work well on or around body lines.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I have the Eastwood and it works well and quickly. You have to be careful on the roof or hood because it's a little heavy and powerful. Easy to put too much pressure on a large flat panel. Since I'm done using mine I may sell it with a few extra wheels.

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
I have the Eastwood model and only use it for the rust blisters on my wagon each Spring. So I can't say how well it would do a whole car. I have been flipping the drum around to get longer use out of it since it starts to wear a little if continuously used in the same direction.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor