eaton govlok

Status
Not open for further replies.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
ok guys so i just picked up a 7.5 eaton govlok posi unit out of an 84 astro van. it is the correct 26 spline axles. what do you guys think of this unit. is it worth keeping or should i try and sell and cut my losses. i need a posi for the buick. its a fairly heavy breathing sbc 360ci. please help

ONE EYE

Greasemonkey
Aug 24, 2006
in front of the computer...
they are definatelly better than no posi at all, but they are not the best by far.
i have one of those in my 4x4 and when it goes posi i feel cool, but when you smash on it and start to slide around a corner and all you get is the old one wheel peel i feel like a loser trying to look cool. lol
i should also point out that my trucks a 5 speed and its pretty hard to lock it in all the time. when the car (or truck) swings back to the left (drivers side) it will usually unlock and spin the pass side wheel only.

i would throw it in and keep looking for a full posi so you at least have posi some times.
if you slap the gas pedal to shock the rear right before you want to launch as a posi it will most likely lock. i say most likely cause they are known as 7 mph posi's, one wheel has to spin 7 mph faster than the other before it locks in. they are ok at low speeds when you are under a load like when i am plowing but you may get a little frustrated trying to race.

either way, its your car and life is like a box of chocolates.......it looks like you got what you wanted until you try it out and find you're stuck with a box of sh*t you'll never use. lol
try and find an older fully loaded grand prix/cutlass/regal with air and a rear sway bar, most of those had posi's but were highway gear. but they are full posi's. i cut up a 85 v6 cutlass and it had a posi in it. go figure, lol.

good luck, sorry about the novel, and my next one will be out tomorrow when someone else asks a question. lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor