Status
Not open for further replies.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
DETROITBOY27 said:
subscribed
Is this an answer to the previous post? or what?

darbysan

Master Mechanic
Apr 3, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
bill said:
The power for the HVAC comes from this harness, correct? I noticed 2-3 wires that look like they were mounted to either a ground on the engine or the battery cable post on the starter of the 3.8L v6. Right now they are not hooked up. Would this be why my blower motor has no power? Do I have to connect it to the starter or can it be rerouted elsewhere?
thanks!

No power for the HVAC comes through the ECM harness. All HVAC wiring is separate, with the exception on some vehicles that info from the HVAC system is fed to the ECM to speed up idle, turn fans on, etc ( mostly FI cars). For power, normally there are a couple of Red Wires attached to the starter. These wires have Fuse-able links in them, and provide power to the fuse box, and to the blower relay. You can re-route them directly from the battery, or re-attach them to the HOT side of the starter connections. I actually got an underhood Fuse Box from a Lumina, and re-routed them to the new box. Gives me extra fuses, relays, fuse-able links, etc in a handy location.

Your HVAC system ( and cruise, if you still have it) will require vacuum from the Vacuum ball. This can be mounted remotely ( I mounted mine under the inner fenderwell, in front of the spash guard- out of site. The charcoal cannister removes fumes from the tank and the carb, and re-burns them. Without it, you will likely have gas smells in the garage, and your tank may need a different way to vent if you plug the lines. More of a safety item.

brettlaage03

Greasemonkey
Mar 30, 2010
SW Wisconsin
Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the brown wire in the picture is to. It's not hot and it's just a single wire coming from the main bulkhead connecter that comes thru firewall just under the brake booster. It's not hot. Also I removed the computer because the previous owner put an old sbc 350 in it. He just cut the large bundle of wiring comin from the comp. After removing the comp there's two hot wires still. ??? also wondering what the black box with wires goin to it next to the coolant cap in the pic is. can it go? Theres also a black box with wires connected to it next to the ecu wiring under the dash. What is that and can it go> And lastly, my radio constant has no power, but the acc. is hot when the key is on like it should be. Are they on seperate fuses? which fuse? Sorry for the long post, just trying to fix someone elses hack job. Ugh!!!

Attachments

• DSC_8226.JPG
    DSC_8226.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,667
  • DSC_8227.JPG
    DSC_8227.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,658
  • DSC_8221.JPG
    DSC_8221.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,663
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor