El Camino Meets Cutlass Has anyone seen this???

Status
Not open for further replies.

350_85cutty

Master Mechanic
Sep 2, 2007
West, TX
I had this idea, sketched it out too, and it seemed like it'd flow but it was just an idea and of course a sketch doesn't include the amount of work involved in doing something like that, but It's cool to see someone out there doing it! I have to say i'm a fan and I like it, but the cutty he cut up seemed to be in good condition, body and interior wise, kinda sad to see it go like that 🙁 . you can find this guy on cardomain, just look under Chevrolet, then El Camino and its on the first page i think. I seen this awhile back and this guy has made some progress since then on it. he even cut out the quarters on the cutty til the beginning of the rear wheel that they then grafted on to the el camino body (not shown in the picture) but he has em on his page, and it looks well done

elcaminosupreme-1.jpg

caminosupreme.jpg

wow that is cool!! it kinda reminds me of the Olds bravada front clip on an S10 i saw a while back!! now all ya gotta do is fix the rust on the rear quarters and away ya go!

The body lines do not line up at the quarter panel. I own a Cutlass, but I don't get why anyone would want it's front end on a El Camino. It's the least pretty G body nose IMO.

85 Cutlass Brougham said:
The body lines do not line up at the quarter panel. I own a Cutlass, but I don't get why anyone would want it's front end on a El Camino. It's the least pretty G body nose IMO.
I dunno I like the nose better than an SS nose.

well see he had them graft the cutlass body line into the el caminos. I also seen a Monte Luxury Sport Nose On an El Camino in Lowrider Magazine, with the body lines and Chrome Trim, it was sweet!

caminosupreme2.jpg

caminosupreme3.jpg

There is an Elky not far from here that someone has installed the front clip from an '80 Cutlass on it. It looks pretty good-its definitely different.

A while ago on eBay there was an El Camino with the front clip, drivetrain, interior and wheels from an '86 GN that looked pretty cool. I'd rather have a regular GN, but hey, different strokes for different folks...

edit: That post with the pics went up while I was typing mine, and that LeMans Camino is awesome!

The Pontiac Le Mans looks Sick! it looks like a factory car GM would've put out, and the GN, Super Sick! do you have any more pics of the GN one? or both?

The Le Mans is the easiest one to do as all you need are a hood, a header panel and a bumper. The fenders are the same.

Reactions: NateD
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor