El Camino question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought royal knights were black?
Anyway el caminos were introduced in 59. 59-60 were built on fullsize impalas. GM dropped them for 61-63. Brought them back in 64 on the chevelle/malibu platform where they remained until the end in 87.
First gens 59-60 are a little hard to get parts for as are the 4th gens 73-77. 78-87 and 68-72 are the easiset to get parts for and the 68-72 (3rd gen) are the most sought after especially a true big block SS.

Buyer's fiance hates blue so they are looking at Ebay Chevy C10 instead.

Attachments

• PA110001.JPG
    PA110001.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 201
That must suck having a fiance saying you cant have that car because I dont like the color. Wow. Unless she is paying for it.

What about a paint job?

How about a paint job to a color she wants? the interior was said to be faded so it could be redyed to whatever color is needed, although black would cover blue best and go with pretty much any color exterior that you want to paint it. would definitely call that a good deal for a 60k mile 1979 with no rust, wish I had the cash myself as my 87 will need more than 5k worth of body work to make it nice but it's running fine and I have more than that into the interior and suspension/drivetrain.
Dave

Attachments

• 100_4059.JPG
    100_4059.JPG
    804 KB · Views: 211
5th gen is the best...parts arent too bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor