ElCamino body bolts

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Nice. I opted for the poly kit from Summit since it also had the core support bushings, and bought a complete bolt kit. I see you used 4 jack stands. My front dropped more than I was comfortable with so I supported the front crossmember too along with the jack stands.
My SS is lighter in the nose than most with how I have it setup.

The Core Support ones are here too, every one of them for the whole car.

20221113_184257.jpg

20221113_184332.jpg

jjjaffo

Apprentice
Jul 2, 2022
Monroe Wisconsin
Success!!! I finally got another day to work on the car and ALL of the body bushings have been replaced and tightened down. This feels like a major victory to me after dealing with broken bolts and spinning cage nuts. I had to remove the fender well on the passenger side and use a sawzall to get at the nut cause it was spinning, but I won. Then I welded my cut area back shut and all is good. I tightened all of the bolts to 50 lbft. Hope that's enough. Two more headaches left yet. I gotta put the engine back together and put the new rear suspension in. Oh, and the new posi and 3.08 gears too. I'm optimistically hoping that by the first week in May I'll be on the road again with it. Wish me luck lol.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor