Electric impact wrench

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Milwaukee Fuel is the only way to go. I am a Heavy Equipment Mechanic. My cordless 3/8 is my favorite tool. Batteries last months with out charging with every day use. Snap On suck compared to it. I have both so I know.

Reactions: 2 users

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
I also use the Milwaukee Fuel. Have the mid torque 1/2" drive impact and the sawzall. Both are VERY powerful and the batteries last a long time. I have a 5.0 amp hour and 9.0 amp hour batteries. I have a lot of friends that also use the Milwaukee stuff. The high torque impact has 1400 lb/ft of torque which is pretty crazy for a 1/2" drive cordless.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
I have a smaller dewalt 1/2” that’s good for like 150ft/lbs and a plug in Maximum 1/2 that will twist the head off any fastener under 1/2”. I don’t remember exactly but it’s good for around 900ft/lbs.
I can’t imagine anything bigger being useful, would be way too much for average use, but I probably need one anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Wow thanks for all the replies! I use air still but then my compressor is located handy and I prefer being able to swap tools quickly with the quick-connects. I use a lot of different tools in an avarage project. This electirc wrench is for my son's-in-law for Christmas. They don't do nearly the amount of jobs I do so all I needed was a decent tool, not the ultimate. In the $100 or less price range I still see the P-C at 450 ft lbs as being the most powerful. All the others in that range are around 250 ft lbs and I know 400 ft lbs is about the minimum for serious work. Thanks for opening my eyes about just how powerful these things are today. If my compressor ever fails I would not hesitate to switch to an electric model.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor