Status
Not open for further replies.

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
maven said:
BuWaGone said:
Thanks for the opinions. Right now what has me undecide is the display of the gauges. If I remember correct mechanicals measure in 2 degree/psi increments while electric displays in like 10-15 degree/psi increments. I'm leaning toward elect. water and mech. oil. because of the displays. IMO oil pressure is the most important thing when it comes to engine life.
Both water temp and oil pressure are available in 270* sweep mechanical AND electrical versions. I

Yes, I know but the price difference is too big for me.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
One little side note. I have all electric gauges except for my oil pressure which is mechanical. All autometer cobalt gauges and the only thing I am a little dissatisfied with is that the display on my electric gauges seems a little brighter than mechanical but it may be because I purchased them about a year apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor