Ever hear of Hotwheels customizing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Its pretty common nowadays. I started in 1998. Here are some that I have built. Some are trophy winners at various Hotwheels custom shows. The Shoebox Ford has had the hood filled in and I grafted in two humps from two import tuner cars. Stuffed two turbos in, tubbed it, lowered it, airbrushed the nail polish on, sprayed on automotive clear. The van won 1st place at Hotwheels website in a FORD contest. Its chopped, dropped, tubbed, and lots of misc parts from other 1/64 vehicles.

hotwheelsboy28

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2011
Jasper, Tennessee
Yes, I use to do it a lot, but was spending a lot of money on them collecting and customs. I was buying a ton of them , got a bager dual action airbrush, dremel the works. I was tired of not being able to drive my cars and put hotwheels on the back burner and went back to toolin on them. I have achieved a lot since then. Built three engines, one 400 turbo trans, bought three other vehicles an Olds 455 and three 454's. We now have 9 vehiccles in our fleet and only two does'nt run yet. Those are some cool customs man, I posted a lot of mine on Hotwheels Collectors.com back in the day.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
I've got real Lesney Matchbox 500+ legit UK Matchbox from the 50's. I also just found a Laguna Seca edition that my grandpa got as a sort of 'courtesy' when they contacted him as a potential investor for some race track they were considering that never got built. Too bad I can't find the business letter that goes with it. I guess it's just a regular matchbox until I can find that.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
Been stuck babysitting the past 2 days or I'd have put pics up by now. Don't really want the little guy to see these Lesney's lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor