Exhaust manifolds - gasket / no gasket?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Ok. ALMOST ALWAYS. There. You're that one person in America that takes the time to mill headers flat. :giggle:

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
There are a few advantages to running headers on the Olds V8 vs brand "C". One, no issues with burnt spark wires, since they sit well above the headers. They are also worth 30 HP over the factory log exhaust manifolds. When we had a couple of Olds V8 come into the shop with leaking exhaust manifolds, we just grabbed a gasket from upstairs and problem fixed, once installed. Talking 20 to 30 years old at the time, manifolds do warp over time. I do really like the no gasket feature on my Sanderson shorty headers, only RTV needed against the head.

-dw-

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2021
Central MN
Ok. ALMOST ALWAYS. There. You're that one person in America that takes the time to mill headers flat. :giggle:

lol. The cheapy headers require gaskets since they put any effort into flange area. I spent some time cutting and welding the pipes so I decided to put time into that part too. All fitting and grinding I did myself. Isn’t all that hard.

Attachments

• IMG_0786.jpeg
    IMG_0786.jpeg
    712.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0785.jpeg
    IMG_0785.jpeg
    695.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor