Express van standalone harness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Anybody make there own standalone harness from a express/savanna van or box truck donor harness?

I've got questions, if so!

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Can you get a schematic for a 2012 GMC Savana 3500 cutaway with long wheel base? L96 6.0. starting to take the harness down and I got wires that I wasn't to touch running to these two big @ss plugs that I disconnected when I pulled the engine.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
Anybody make there own standalone harness from a express/savanna van or box truck donor harness?

I've got questions, if so!
Have you visited lt1swap.com? Although he may not have a Savannah specific diagram.......I would think a truck blue/green diagram would be 99% accurate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Have you visited lt1swap.com?
Yes, used it to figure out what wires to pull from the ecm plugs. Started pulling them and trying to bundle the keepers and I have some wires going to a couple big plugs. I'm going to have to sit down again and figure out what the wires are that go to those plugs. Wasn't sure if this is an express van thing with these plugs.

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Ok, so I will admit to my mistake. Sat down with the pinout diagram and started chasing wires. Some were for the gas pedal. Others were brake switch, fuel pump, ground for CEL, and the 12 volt wires. So I'll own up to those.

BUT........now I'm down to six wires left. I've searched and searched for e38 pinouts, but these pin locations say they should be empty.

I would like to know for sure what they are for. If anyone is inclined to dig further I can provide wire color and pin location. Not sure if someone that has access to all data could get a better pinout? I'm not even sure if all data is that concise.

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Gm service dept for the win! Stopped at my local gm dealer to see what they could come up with. I had the vin # from the donor vehicle. After a couple minutes they were able to print the entire pinout for the ecm. These are the six wires:

22-L.Blu/Blk-Coolant temp sensor #2 Low reference
26-Yel-Brake apply sensor signal
39-L.Grn-Coolant temp sensor signal
40-Wht-Fuel temp/composition signal
42-Brn-Brake apply sensor low reference
54-Wht-Brake apply sensor supply voltage

This way if anyone else runs into this issue, I hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
I think he got copies of the wiring diagram from the factory service manual that the dealer has online. Best way to go. Sometimes all data misses somethings.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor