Exterior Door Handle

DB87442

Apprentice
Nov 27, 2021
Cartersville, GA
Hey guys, does anyone have a source for the painted piece of tape that goes on the door handles? Can you get the tape and have a body shop paint them even?

Cutlass Door Handle.JPG

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
1/2" wide strips. 3M gloss finish tape. That's what GM did. Over the years they sold it in various forms from GM. Some were tape strips pre cut and it was EASY. Then, they went and had rolls of the stuff 12' long. Holy cripes! Then it came in shorter lengths. Usually enough to do a complete 4 door car. You ordered it by year and upper body color.

You may ask a body shop if they have 3M Burgundy Metallic 1/2" wide #72774
Comes in a 150' roll, so you probably don't need that much.

That got me wondering, since I have a complete burgundy 442 stripe kit that I might also have some door handle tape. So I checked my stash and I've only got dk. blue metallic (20536506) and black (20179227) GM stuff. The Dk. Red Metallic, aka Burgundy Metallic, would be p/n 20536511.

Reactions: 3 users

DB87442

Apprentice
Nov 27, 2021
Cartersville, GA
1/2" wide strips. 3M gloss finish tape. That's what GM did. Over the years they sold it in various forms from GM. Some were tape strips pre cut and it was EASY. Then, they went and had rolls of the stuff 12' long. Holy cripes! Then it came in shorter lengths. Usually enough to do a complete 4 door car. You ordered it by year and upper body color.

You may ask a body shop if they have 3M Burgundy Metallic 1/2" wide #72774
Comes in a 150' roll, so you probably don't need that much.

That got me wondering, since I have a complete burgundy 442 stripe kit that I might also have some door handle tape. So I checked my stash and I've only got dk. blue metallic (20536506) and black (20179227) GM stuff. The Dk. Red Metallic, aka Burgundy Metallic, would be p/n 20536511.
Great information as always! Thanks for checking your stash for the stickers.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Great information as always! Thanks for checking your stash for the stickers.
You may want to check this thread out:

:)

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor