F-41

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmaj1865

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 5, 2006
Ocala Florida
I have an 87 442 with an f-41 suspension. Would after market springs be better than the stock F-41. I'm in the process of rebuiling the suspension with polyurethane bushing. I'm keeping the stock sway bars, and I'm boxing the control arms, but I'm still not sure about the springs.
Also are the springs from a B and F body cars he same as G body?
thanks for you time.
Mike

BB Olds

Apprentice
Feb 18, 2007
Wi.
I don't know about the springs but grease the hell out of those bushings or they will squeek bad. B body springs are taller than G body springs.

RedHotRegal

Master Mechanic
Mar 26, 2006
Ontario, Canada
See if you can get your hands on last years moog book from a parts store or look in the book at the store. Look up your stock spring # then at the back on the spring charts find out what seats they are and what spring weight/height. There will be a chart there that groups them together by seats. Look at that charrt and pick a spring weight/height that is close to what you are looking for.I chose a spring that is unsprung 1' taller then stock but needed 500 lbs more weight to compress the spring 1". that raised the rear approx. 2". Basically did the same for the front but used a taller spring(unsprung) and alittle stronger weight but not much. I'm guessing you could lower your car this way or just run a stiffer spring for a firmer ride. Hope that helps. Once you look at a catalog you will understand wht I mean.

RedHotRegal

Master Mechanic
Mar 26, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I think my fronts ended up being GP 350 Deisel springs and the rears were cargo coils from a wagon. I've done this to both my Regals. Never had a problem but will never be an aggressive corner carver. Great in the winter never get stuck lifted with 295/50 just float through/over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor