f41 Rear Sway bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilSpann601

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2008
Jackson Mississippi
I have a rear f41 swaybar im getting ready to install and all it came with was the bolts. Looks like im missing the brack/spacer. Can these bars be installed without them? Or do I need to spacers/bracket

crotchss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2010
Kearney, Nebraska
I personally wouldn't put the sway bar on without the spacers. When you install it and tighten up the bolts it will crush in the trailing arm. Just get some appropriate sized tubing and cut it down to fit inside the arm and it will work fine.

crotchss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2010
Kearney, Nebraska
Ideally you want something solid from side to side, laying a pipe on its side and drilling through it, it could still collapse if the wall thickness is too thin. 1/8" wall would be fine I think, or make 1 spacer per bolt out of say 1/2" pipe cut to length. It would save time drilling and the pieces can be tacked in permanetly with a welder should the sway bar need to be removed the spacers would stay put.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor