Factory Sunroof?

Status
Not open for further replies.
back in 86/87 i was working for a buick dealer and seen alot of sunroofs on gn and regals from the factory. But there were new gn and regals on the lot with no sunroofs and those cars were sent down the street to have sunroofs added per the customer and you could not tell if they were factory or not. Sunroofs were a big thing back her in the northeast.

Malihoochie said:
http://www.dixiemontecarlo.com/items/DM60216.html

For those who keep asking about the rubber seal. $130.00 and your good!

Dead link, any input?

Sounds like a lot more Cutlass' have Moonroofs than the other G-Bodies. My '81 Calais has one, and it works (Mostly, lol) I've seen a few around in the yard and for sale on the internet, I've seen a couple Monte's with them though it seems like Cutlass' got them most often. At least around here.

I think the price was the major factor in the option popularity. When you had G-bodys running around 10K average base price, throwing on an additional 12% or so to that price for the single option was a pricey consideration. For that money, people could move up to a Delta.

Either way, both open top options were horrible designs in practicality. On the astroroof, the drain hoses clogged up causing most of the flooding issues along with gaskets crapping out, and the places they drained to sometimes suffered rust in those areas. I think there was maintenance that had to be done periodically by blowing the lines clean, but don't recall for sure off the top of my head.

Kwik_Cutty88 said:
Gbodyparts.com has a pan and glass seal for the 81-88 G, but I'm not sure if the 78-80 G sunroof is any different.
It fits some 78-80 models as well.
http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info. ... f35362a661
This seal was used on a lot of different roofs. The main thing to check is if you have a CF5 option. Then you can verify the seal part # that fit it thru your dealer. As long as it matches up our unit will work. It also has a lifetime warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor