MALIBU Fan tastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Both types of fans rob the same amount of power from the engine when they are engaged. Electric fans have less drag than mechanical fans when disengaged. The issue is that electric fans are more complex which induces more failure points.

Reactions: 1 user

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
I went with Chrysler Sebring fans from the local Pick n Pull: The shroud they are mounted on is the exact size of my original radiator. OEM bean counters and engineers won't put a part on a car just because they can. E-fans have been around for decades and are pretty reliable. Ever had a fan clutch lock up and eat itself alive?

It cleans up the front of the engine a lot too.

Attachments

• Fan6.jpg
    Fan6.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have the Intrepid dual fan set up mounted to Griffen 2 row x 1.25" aluminum radiators in both my Regal and Monte,
The Montes fans have been in there for over 20 years.

1674090021718.jpeg

IMG_1411.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

-dw-

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2021
Central MN
A reason to go electric fan.

20 yrs ago I switched to a couple junkyard fans in my 84. Have way better control of the bbo heat. I have a thermo switch and manual switch running the fans. Its worked flawlessly.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor