Farewell to the Ole Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
As of this afternoon, I pretty much sold the Malibu to a guy off of craigslist. He loves malibus and plans on taking mine and swapping in a good engine. He completely fell in love with it and all the mods he wanted to do to his 79' that he is giving to his son is already done to mine. He already gave me half the money and is giving the rest on Friday after he gets income tax. It sucks selling my first car, but with the roadrunner project, my first gen cummins, and the very big possibility of asking my girl to marry me, I feel the bu deserves better than just sit and rot.

Had a lot of people want me to part it out, but I couldn't bring myself to do it and glad now I don't have to.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
DAMN!! really?? well life comes first and glad somebody else can continue the Mali, better then parting it out.... :wink: i need to pick one up soon though. But thanks for getting my GP's fender trim and hope you get the bug again for a G body... :mrgreen:

Csilvy2000

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2012
Texarkana, AR
You'll regret it.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
patmckinneyracing said:
Yeah i forgot to ask you if you were happy with that trim. I remember you said you had a helluva time finding it.

So happy it make's the rest of the trim look bad.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Thanks!!

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
My biggest problem is I one up myself and compete with myself. I had reached a point with the bu that all the systems were working perfect in everyway, ie the ability to get 18mpg while performing in the top of my class in autocross and winning street class bracket racing at the strip. The next thing I would have done to that car would have been out of this world crazy. I still have the gbody bug, but now its for a turbo regal or grand national.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
the Mali is on my "streetbrawler" list if and when i swoop one up!! :mrgreen: ls power, bb power, who knows?? :mrgreen: want it to look menacing and intimidating! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor