Fastener Resources

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
A bit of info. The Fastenals in my area have stopped selling automotive hardware totally. I went there a week ago to pick up some stuff for a friend of mine. They no longer sell loose nuts and bolts. Only packages. They also stopped taking cash payments. The manager told me fastenal is trying to get more into selling wholesale.
Im not sure if thats all the stores but he said all the stores in my area are making the slow switch. I mentioned belmetric and boltdepot and the manager said that one of them gets their hardware from fastenal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
A bit of info. The Fastenals in my area have stopped selling automotive hardware totally. I went there a week ago to pick up some stuff for a friend of mine. They no longer sell loose nuts and bolts. Only packages. They also stopped taking cash payments. The manager told me fastenal is trying to get more into selling wholesale.
Im not sure if thats all the stores but he said all the stores in my area are making the slow switch. I mentioned belmetric and boltdepot and one of them get their hardware from fastenal.
That's all stores. When I left Fastenal 6 years ago they were in the beginning phase of getting rid of Auveco stuff that is stocked. They can still order it from their hubs, but be prepared to pay freight since they use their own trucking system.
Honestly, stores should've never sold individual nuts, bolts, etc. Fastenal was a wholesale company from the start, alot of stores sold individual at their discretion, I hated doing it because people took advantage of the system, stole hardware all the time, messed up inventory, etc.
If you look next time they should have "quick" packs in a bun style system. Those hold the most common fasteners in small packs and range from $2-3 depending on the item.
Fastenal has also started consolidating stores to reduce overhead! I'm glad I got out when I did, the store that I managed is now closed and they merged it with another location several miles away! There used to be 9 locations in the Metro Louisville area, now there are only 3 or 4!!!!
Ok, off my soap box and back to fasteners.

Reactions: 2 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
That's all stores. When I left Fastenal 6 years ago they were in the beginning phase of getting rid of Auveco stuff that is stocked. They can still order it from their hubs, but be prepared to pay freight since they use their own trucking system.
Honestly, stores should've never sold individual nuts, bolts, etc. Fastenal was a wholesale company from the start, alot of stores sold individual at their discretion, I hated doing it because people took advantage of the system, stole hardware all the time, messed up inventory, etc.
If you look next time they should have "quick" packs in a bun style system. Those hold the most common fasteners in small packs and range from $2-3 depending on the item.
Fastenal has also started consolidating stores to reduce overhead! I'm glad I got out when I did, the store that I managed is now closed and they merged it with another location several miles away! There used to be 9 locations in the Metro Louisville area, now there are only 3 or 4!!!!
Ok, off my soap box and back to fasteners.

Theres a few body shop supplys in my area that stock automotive hardware. If its not on the shelf they can usually have it in a couple of days. My biggest issue was finding hardened metric bolts, washers and prevailing torque lock nuts. I just bought two 12MM x130 bolts for the motor mounts in my wagon and I had to order them from boltdepot. Theyre in MA and Im on Long Island. I was surprised to get them in the mail the next day.

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Check out clips and fasteners.com
Used them a few times for work when w&e started discontinuing certain things

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor