Father son 1941 Chevy project

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
Headlights are in and finished the harnesses for them. Unfortunately the old wires cannot be removed from the dimmer switch. The screws are just to rusted. Removed it from the car and waiting for a new one to come from the Filling Station. Also ordered a headlight switch while I was at it. The dimmer for the gauges only works in one spot. When I initially tested it I thought the gauge must be on or off for the light, then I thought why would it turn so far past on if it was not a dimmer.

Currently we are only removing a few wires at a time so we do not forget something. I know it will take longer this way but it is working so far.

Reactions: 2 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
If you are looking for a wiper motor to make them electric there is a gentleman that uses a motor out a Caravan rear hatch and set up to go in. I believe he’s in Hemmings motor news or I can get the information from my brother.

Reactions: 1 users

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
If you are looking for a wiper motor to make them electric there is a gentleman that uses a motor out a Caravan rear hatch and set up to go in. I believe he’s in Hemmings motor news or I can get the information from my brother.
That sounds like a good idea. Do you know what year Caravan? I wonder if the motor just runs slower on 6v?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor