Feeling too much sway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridgeline

Greasemonkey
Jan 19, 2008
What can one do to stiffen up the suspension on an 87 El Camino? I have put new monroes on the front and I have air in the rears. It just seems to be real soft and sways too much while cornering.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
springs and sway bars. the shocks should be matched to the springs for the best results.

83cut350chev

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2007
Churchville, PA
i put a front sway bar off our 86 442 parts car on w. poly bushings and it handles so much better now. couldnt believe how big of a difference it really made, prolly a little cheaper than a whole set of springs but tehy would definitly help too

SBCregal

Master Mechanic
Jan 22, 2006
is this sort of swaying new? happen recently? checking to make sure that everything is tight and in good working shape would be the first step

bearings, bushings, shocks springs and tires

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Find a car with the 1.25 in front bar and .75 in rear bar and swap those on. The standard suspension on these cars is terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor