fender wells removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
No disrespect to the above poster, but I've pulled the entire front clip off mine, and if I were just removing the plastic part I don't think it would be easy or simple. If you can do it without removing the outer and inner (metal) fender you're lucky(but I don't think it can be done). Be advised that the entire plastic fenderwell is huge. It's not just a cheapy little flap covering the gap. It's almost the size of the entire fender. If you can't reach certain bolts and have to remove the fenders, it sucks to be you (trust me). Bolts bolts bolts everywhere! Bolts around fenderlip, bolts to the core support, pain in the *ss bolts towards the front of the doors, hood hinges, etc. On the bright side there's not a lot under the hood that needs removed (resevoirs, etc). I've done this on an 85 (I was removing the entire front clip, not just fenderwells) and it took me from about noon until past dark. Be careful with the bolts by the front of the doors, or you'll end up bending the inner fender into a nice curvy shape. Be careful if you do remove the entire fender(s) though, because your core support if moved even just a little bit will most likely bust your 25 year old transmission lines.

veltboy314 said:
How do I remove the fender wells on a 85 cutlass?
on my 86 regal not %100 it's the same
if your NOT reuseing them. i unbolted as many bolts i could get to, 10 mm and 13mm. i cut the wheel well in half with a sawzall then pushed down on the rear(twords fire wall)then the plastic broke around the 1 bolt i couldnt get with the nose on. took 20 mins a side.
i unbolted windsheild wiper motor to get to a few bolts.

If you wanna try that (cutting out the actual thin part that covers the wheel and leaving the rest) you could maybe try a small Dremel tool with a cutting wheel. I still have both of the fenderwells sitting in the basement. Each one is about the size of a small coffee table, lol.

86buick said:
veltboy314 said:
How do I remove the fender wells on a 85 cutlass?
on my 86 regal not %100 it's the same
if your NOT reuseing them. i unbolted as many bolts i could get to, 10 mm and 13mm. i cut the wheel well in half with a sawzall then pushed down on the rear(twords fire wall)then the plastic broke around the 1 bolt i couldnt get with the nose on. took 20 mins a side.
i unbolted windsheild wiper motor to get to a few bolts.
nofenderregal1.jpg

i used a big 4in blade just to cut plastic,couldnt get 1 or 2 bolts but pressed on the plastic and it broke.once i got the wheel well out i removed the bolts. they were big and thats why i cut them

dont pick on my air filter.came with it :blam:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor