Firebird front clip swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayorjesse

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 11, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Does anybody know if it's possible to swap a front clip from a late 70's Firebird/camaro onto a g body, like an 83 cutlass or would it be a b*tch to fit it on. Thought it'd be an interesting look, I think I heard it done before but I can't remember. I'm going to the junkyard on Sunday and I'll find one and measure and check it all out, but if anyone knows lemme know.

Abba Zabba.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
If you have enough time, money, and determination, anything is possible. The question that I have is, why are you interested in doing this type of conversion? The G body frame will accept pretty much any type of engine and trans combination that most people would want to use, and there are more than enough aftermarket suppliers out there making parts to beef up the front suspension and braking systems on these cars. So what advantage do you see in trying to adapt a late '70's F body front clip to the G body frame? Just curious.

mayorjesse

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 11, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Miscommunicado

Hmm, perhaps used wrong terms. I'm thinking just the fiberglass front clip (ie the piece at frotn of car that headlights are set in). On my '83 cutty i got the '87 euro front clip right now, all i had to do was bolt it in, change wires and bulbs for composite headlights. Pretty easy, pretty standard.d I was wondering how much customization I might have to go through, if any, to make a firebird clip from late 70's to fit on my g-body. i think it'd look badass adn i think ive seen/heard of it done before. it is a cosmetic change and shouldn't be too hard, but i don't know if f-bodies have separate front clips or if it's a huge pain in a$$. just wanna custom look, and as 'rare' as the 87 euro clip is, i want something more indiv. if im crazy just say so, i'll figure it out, just seeing if anybody been trying this before. my junkyard trip is postponed, but i'll give you the heads up on my own assesment.

later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor