First Car Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
What the f'ing F??????? Frank Bommarito Oldsmobile? In St. Louis, MO?

I might have known that car when it was new...

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I need a new battery tray(the tab on motor side is broke off) and I guess bracket for the front plate. Anyone know where to get those?
Unfortunately, the battery "tray" is not separate. It's part of the plastic inner wheel well. One of the dumber GM ideas. Unless someone put one in. There were two sets of tabs depending on the battery physical size. Not uncommon for them to be snapped off over the years.

If using the correct battery hold down bar, it should keep it in place for the most part. The proper battery hold down is GM p/n 22512299 with HD battery, 22506770 without HD battery. NOS ones are a bit pricey. But the repro isn't so bad.

EDIT: oh, I see you have a clamp in there. Can't tell which it is. The number is molded right into the top of it. The HD battery is a tad shorter. And hard to tell, but it appears yours is the 299 already. If your battery is slipping around, maybe a strip of velcro under the battery could help keep it from moving?

HD battery repro clamp-
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BX9JXYJ/?tag=gbody-20

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Turns out it was a different car. Oh well. There was another one JUST like it but sold about 3 months earlier.

Blast from the past-

Bommarito Oldsmobile circa 1978.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor