First start in 5 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebbman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 13, 2021
Thanks for reply. I'm sure that will make a big difference. Everything on this is original other than plugs I changed. I plan to put some miles on it and do all the maintenance this week. Should be a good runner by the weekend.

Reactions: 1 user

Zebbman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 13, 2021
Thank you. This one will stay as is aside from maintenance. I didnt even want to change the wheels but I did keep all the originals.

fauxfour2

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2020
Beautiful car lots of luck with it. I would change the fuel filter and check the vacuum lines but everything else everyone said is the right route to go.

Zebbman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 13, 2021
Thanks. Theres alot of vacuum lines for sure. I'm going to go through them all. I thought I might get a couple filters and change one now and again after a tank or two of gas. Might be overkill but they're cheap.

Reactions: 2 users

Zebbman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 13, 2021
Just a quick thanks to all that replied and for your assistance. Car is running pretty well. Little hesitation when I get on it but running some seafoam through a tank or two and will go from there. Old alarm coming out today and new one going in. On the fence as far as exhaust. May want a very slight tone but undecided. Considering window tint as well. Not for cool factor but to protect interior. Otherwise here it is. Old dude enjoying new ride. Peace.

Attachments

• 20211004_100635.jpg
    20211004_100635.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
Reactions: 10 users

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
beautiful ride. enjoy it

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Best thing you can do it start putting miles on it. My 71 t bird sat for 36 years. Got it running and quite literally you could feel it running better mile by mile.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Without going crazy you could get a new high flow cat and a g body catback exhaust with some flowmaster knockoffs. Or skip the cat if you don't have inspections or testing.

LeftLaneOnly

Master Mechanic
Mar 20, 2020
Check the age of those tires. I got a surprise on one of my first drives

Attachments

• tire1.jpg
    tire1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor