First time seeing someone post an add doing this.

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
I've absolutely seen it before. Overall, I'm just let down by the post that I see online, especially for cars. Barely any relevant information, horrible spelling, no model/part numbers, no specific mileage/engine/transmission/rear end/etc...

However, I think that since I've been using the internet consistently since 1998, I've gotten spoiled. It seems like the people on the internet, prior to mobile phone/social media stuff, were a bit more technically savvy. Now, most humans have access to a mobile device and that allows people that don't think putting the bolt pattern on a posting to sell a set of wheels is important.

Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I can tell you i won't bother with putting any details in ads going forward. A full 90% of the respondants to the ad I have online now ask questions that are answered in the ad text. I think they see a pic and don't even bother to read the ad....kind of like how they all seem to offer 50% or less of ask without asking anything or even seeing it.

Oh yeah....GET OFF MY LAWN 🤪

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I can tell you i won't bother with putting any details in ads going forward. A full 90% of the respondants to the ad I have online now ask questions that are answered in the ad text. I think they see a pic and don't even bother to read the ad....kind of like how they all seem to offer 50% or less of ask without asking anything or even seeing it.
I agree, I try to make my adds MORON proof by putting as much needed info as I can so I don't get asked dumb questions but it still happens. And I love when I post a new part at 50% off and then someone still offers me half of that.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I'll be simple..

People are garage.

I have some parts to sell here and I'm dreading it, sold off everything I had extra just to avoid deal with people. 🙄

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I'll be simple..

People are garage.

I have some parts to sell here and I'm dreading it, sold off everything I had extra just to avoid deal with people. 🙄
I wish people were garage,,,garage I understand. People not so much

Sorry, had to have a little fun with it

Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I sit on more parts just to not deal with internet car guys, when I pass my wife will want to kill me again.
I generally disdain internet selling. The amount of time you waste with dumb questions and tire kickers isn't worth the little extra you earn over selling in person at meets.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I wish people were garage,,,garage I understand. People not so much

Sorry, had to have a little fun with it
Deal with enough of them you'll see the garbage has more value. 🤣

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor