FIT F-body headers in a G-body???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
THANK YOU EVERYBODY, THEY FIT LIKE A GLOVE... only problems i ran into was the a-arm on the passenger side, but i trimmed it off a little and had to re-run a trans cooler line that was getting replaced anyways cause they were all bent outta shape... i will post pictures in a few just have to tighten up a few more bolts and clean up the road... i need a garage, this working in the street is for the birds...

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
BPTTONE420012 said:
THANK YOU EVERYBODY, THEY FIT LIKE A GLOVE... only problems i ran into was the a-arm on the passenger side, but i trimmed it off a little and had to re-run a trans cooler line that was getting replaced anyways cause they were all bent outta shape... i will post pictures in a few just have to tighten up a few more bolts and clean up the road... i need a garage, this working in the street is for the birds...

Glad to hear,Did you find out what brand they are ? Are they long tube or mid length ?

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
ummm, not really sure... they stop about 1/4-1/2 way down the transmission pan... they have some rust from being outside in a box but for free headers, i cant complain... they are 1 5/8" with 2.5" collectors... they arent actually touching the a-arm on the passenger side, i took that pic BEFORE i bolted them on, there is a good inch of room...

Attachments

• CAM02106.jpg
    CAM02106.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 703
  • CAM02101.jpg
    CAM02101.jpg
    445.7 KB · Views: 721
  • CAM02099.jpg
    CAM02099.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 699

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
williamattop said:
Looks like a good fit.
Can you tell us what year f-body these were for?

third gen camaro 1982-1992

williamattop

Master Mechanic
Apr 9, 2014
Appleton WI
skulledmonte84 said:
williamattop said:
Looks like a good fit.

Thank you.
I have an F-body buddy who recently picked up a builder Monte SS and asked me what leftovers he could use from his other projects.

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
williamattop said:
skulledmonte84 said:
williamattop said:
Looks like a good fit.

Thank you.
I have an F-body buddy who recently picked up a builder Monte SS and asked me what leftovers he could use from his other projects.

sorry, just saw this.... i am pretty sure they were bought for my buddys sons 3rd gen camaro, but wouldnt fit cause they were cheap factory defects and the collector was hitting the floor, but they fit my gbody with only needing to trim the a-arm a tiny bit... it was a tight fit... also i took off the starter so i could get them on enough of an angle to slide them up and in... had to jack the front of the car way up, and maneuver them around a bit, but they do fit, and it was ALOT easier than i had anticipated...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor