2.8 MB · Views: 319
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 303
Reactions: 8 users

Bitterman

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2017
86Monte.carlo, did you install the command center with your Fitech? If not, what fuel pump setup did you use. I'm hoping to install a fitech later this year.

Reactions: 1 user

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
86Monte.carlo, did you install the command center with your Fitech? If not, what fuel pump setup did you use. I'm hoping to install a fitech later this year.
Do NOT use the Command Center. It's junk. I have the 800hp Meanstreet FiTech kit on my 496 and im using the inline pump they sell. My first pump had 'FiTech" written on it, it failed after 4 months. They sent me a replacement for free that was a Bosch pump. It looked exactly the same so im not sure if FiTech just rebrands Bosch pumps or they made a knock off of their own. Either way its been 2 years and no issues with the current pump.

I absolutely love my FiTech. Starts my big block first crank like a new car. I'd say 95% of the issues people have come from installer error. Like any EFI setup these are sensitive to vacuum and exhaust leaks. Make sure those are good before you go with it. Good luck

Reactions: 2 users

Bitterman

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2017
All great advice and I thank you for it. I have a 383 sbc in mt 80 cutlass that I'm looking to put the fitech on. I have a fuel tank from an 86 or 87 buick that is factory setup for an in tank electric fuel pump. That's how I'm planning to deliver fuel.

Looking forward to this install... just gotta save some more pennies to get the fitech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor