Fitting seat tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecutAK

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 8, 2010
So i got new bucket seats for my cutlass. They came out of a...honda or a toyota orr something, i dont remeber. But the seat tracks dont match up with the bolts on the floor in my car (i didnt think they would anyways) So my questions is, Is there a way i can drill holes and put new bolts in where i need them, or am i going to have to go buy Gm seat tracks???????

thecutAK

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 8, 2010
yeah it had a split before. but i sold the seats so i dont have em anymore.

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
I put Honda buckets in my old t-top. I fabbed brackets up to mate the Honda tracks to the GM floor bolts. This was a bit of a PITA and in hindsight I think it would have been easier to fab a system to mate the GM tracks to the Honda seat, although I can't confirm this as details are hazy now. I recall the Honda tracks were narrower and shorter? and offset different then the GM seats.
Other than the fab process, the seats were really nice to be in while driving. Quite small compared to stock with really great support, but a bit narrow for those wide in the backside folks :wink:

Still have a pic here.....
j5zbzc.jpg

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
That's what drills are for. Make new holes and back them up with fender washers. I used Honda or something seats in my 80' Firebird by bolting the seats to the F body tracks. But in my Bonnewagon I fabbed brackets so F body seats would bolt to the G body floors. Some holes were OK, some I had to drill and bolt with big washers.

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
whitey said:
You know you're a redneck when you put seats from a honda in your Oldsmobile :rofl:

Yes, not for the purists that's for sure. They do offer great bolstering tho, I got a little tired of gravity attempting to place me outside of my seat every time I carved a corner and alas these seats became available. Would I install a set again? Maybe, maybe not.

As for redneck? Well, I think anybody who is into gas guzzlin, road hoggin, big *ss cars just might be a redneck- or at least have a little in em :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor