floor behind seats under bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

titanica217

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 11, 2008
Springfield, IL
I'll try and get some pictures taken, but I've removed the seats and carpet from my 81 el camino. The worst part rustwise is the rear floor pan under the bed where I believe the spare should be.. like the previous owner spun out in reverse daily and kicked rocks up while using it in salt/snow. Do I cut it out and try and fab a new piece or what. anyone who's done it, I'm all ears...thanks, Johnd

Coveted

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2008
Sanborn, Ny 14132
titanica217 said:
I'll try and get some pictures taken, but I've removed the seats and carpet from my 81 el camino. The worst part rustwise is the rear floor pan under the bed where I believe the spare should be.. like the previous owner spun out in reverse daily and kicked rocks up while using it in salt/snow. Do I cut it out and try and fab a new piece or what. anyone who's done it, I'm all ears...thanks, Johnd

You can cut out all the bad metal and weld in new metal patches, or you could cut it all out and make a frame out of like 1x1 square tubing and metal over that.

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
I got a new car. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor