FLOWMASTER help

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fit661ca

Master Mechanic
Nov 16, 2009
Fairfield, IA
Disclaimer: I appologize if this subject has been touched before, but too many people have written about the Flowmaster on their own car to make a search less than endless.

My question is... Does anyone know what the significant differences are between a Flowmaster Super 44 and a Series 40 are? I've already decided to put a 44 on my 307 Cutlass because I love the sound, but everytime I check a parts store, they say that the 44 is unavailible for my vehicle. The same is true of my Blazer and my 90 (now replaced by 91) LeSabre. Does the 44 restrict to much flow for these low horse engines? I can't even find anyone with a 44 on a V6 no matter how much power they have.

I know that I can buy a 44 from eBay for $80 and put it on what ever I want, but would anyone discourage this for any of my vehicles?

-1989 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4x4- 4.3L TBI V6 160 h.p. 230 Ft. Lbs.
-1986 Olds Cutlass Supreme - 307 roller cam Quadrajet V8 145 h.p. ?? torque
-1991 Buick LeSabre - 3800 3.8L V6 SFI 165 h.p. 230 Ft. Lbs.

If your running stock exhaust, you just need to make sure you have the correct in/out offsets and pipe diameter. iirc it should be center and offset, just buy one from sumit and slap it on there. Maybe since its a transverse muffler its throwing the computer off.

I guess your question is still un-answered. I've searched high and low for the same answer. Checked many youtube videos as well. Can't find a definitive answer on the difference between Super 40 and Super 44. I used to have 2 Flowmaster Deltaflow 40s, before the "super" series came out. It sounded amazing and I was addicted after that. Currently using 2 Flowmaster Super 40s, but I haven't driven it yet so I don't know whether I'll like it or not. Will know soon though. Good luck with whatever you get. My only suggestion is that whatever you decide on, put in an H-pipe. You'll know why after you drive it 😉

I had to get super 40s when I put flowmaster on my car a while back because they didn't have a regular 40 in the inlet/outlet config I needed for my setup at the time. The case is a bit bigger on the super 40 and the speed shop guy told me the super series was a bit quiter, the 44 has a 4" case for extra clearance.

Attachments

• 20140818_131610.jpeg
    20140818_131610.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 20140818_131620.jpeg
    20140818_131620.jpeg
    571.4 KB · Views: 113
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor