Can anyone help me to find a battery?

Thanks everybody for the advice and input. I guess what I am looking for is at least a picture of what the original battery looked like so I can match it up the best I can. Thanks again everybody! Cliff

Thanks everybody for the advice and input. I guess what I am looking for is at least a picture of what the original battery looked like so I can match it up the best I can. Thanks again everybody! Cliff
One of the earliest replies provide a link for you, or just search google for "1979 delco freedom battery" and view the images tab. They look like the "topper" also posted earlier that makes a modern AGM battery "look" like the old one; at least from the top.

I doubt unless you find a company that produces a reproduction/replica with modern internals (AGM, for example) you're likely going to have to pick a modern [off the shelf] version (i.e.; AC Delco, if you want the same brand...) and just bite the bullet.

• Agree
Reactions: 86LK and 565bbchevy
The original 1979 sales brochure specifies Delco freedom battery. I read a little bit on different forums for various GM cars of the era some were all black with labels some mwere white case with a black top with labels some were multi colored labels some eere rather plain. Probably as long as you go with something that’s a Delco freedom most people wouldn’t be able to argue whether it was correct or not

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor