Flowmaster muffler fit - series 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuse99

Master Mechanic
Dec 21, 2020
I'm getting dual exhaust in about 2 weeks. Currently running a tired 305 but have plans for a motor swap to a mild 350 with headers by end of summer. I'm not looking to make a hot rod nor do I want to wake up my neighbors at 4am when I'm on my way to catch blue fish. I also like to have conversation in my car and don't want the sound of the exhaust to overwhelm me.
Its an 84 El Camino and I'm currently looking at the Flowmaster Series 50 which seam to be the quietest muffler for interior sound and not so aggressive exterior sound. Actually sounds perfect. But they are 3 chamber and look huge. Will these fit underneath my car? Case is 17" in length. I'm guessing we can make anything fit but I'm wondering if the length and thickness will be a problem. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
I had 50 series Delta Flow Flowmaster mufflers on my 86 El Camino. Ran a 355 SB Chevy with Cyclone brand long tube headers, twin catalytic converters and Torque Tech's 2.5 behind the rear wheel exit system. The mufflers fit perfect due to the added wheel base on the El Camino. The area from the "Smugglers nook" to the rear axle kick up is large enough to run an even larger muffler. Sound through the converters and mufflers was not loud at all compaerd to the same system without catalyic converters on my 79 Monte Carlo with a 406 SB Chevy. The 79 had more of a "raspy bark" on acceleration that was removed with converters.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
I have a pair under my GP. Bone stock 301 off manifolds. Overall I'm really happy with them. They could be a few dB quieter tho. It helps to get the tailpipes at the rear bumper and out from under the car.

Sometimes I'm embarrassed by the sound because that car is writing checks it sure can't cash but it sounds wicked

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor